Roboception offers an optional connectivity kit to aid customers with setting up the rc_visard. For permanent installation, the customer is responsible for providing a suitable power supply. The connectivity kit consists of a:
- network cable with straight M12 plug to straight RJ45 connector in either 2 m, 5 m, or 10 m length,
- power adapter cable with straight M12 socket to DC barrel connector in 30 cm length,
- 24 V, 30 W wall power supply, or a 24 V, 60 W desktop power supply.
Connecting the rc_visard to residential or office grid power requires a power supply that meets EN 55011 Class B emission standards. The E2CFS 30W 24V by EGSTON System Electronics Eggenburg GmbH (http://www.egston.com) contained in the connectivity kit is certified accordingly. However, it does not meet immunity standards for industrial environments under EN 61000-6-2.
Cables are by default not provided with the rc_visard. It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain appropriate parts. The following sections provide an overview of suggested components.
The rc_visard provides an industrial 8-pin A-coded M12 socket connector for Ethernet connectivity. Various cabling solutions can be obtained directly from third party vendors.
CAT5 (1 Gbps) M12 plug to RJ45
- Straight M12 plug to straight RJ45 connector, 10 m length: Phoenix Contact NBC-MS/ 10,0-94B/R4AC SCO, Art.-Nr.: 1407417
- Straight M12 plug to straight RJ45 connector, 10 m length: MURR Electronics Art.-Nr.: 7700-48521-S4W1000
- Angled M12 plug to straight RJ45 connector, 10 m length: MURR Electronics Art.-Nr.: 7700-48551-S4W1000
An 8-pin A-coded M12 plug connector is provided for power and GPIO connectivity. Various cabling solutions can be obtained from third party vendors. A selection of M12 to open ended cables is provided below. Customers are required to provide power and GPIO connections to the cables according to the pinouts described in Wiring. The rc_visard’s housing must be connected to ground.
Sensor/Actor cable M12 socket to open end
- Straight M12 socket connector to open end, shielded, 10m length: Phoenix Contact SAC-8P-10,0-PUR/M12FS SH, Art.Nr.: 1522891
- Angled M12 socket connector to open end, shielded 10m length: Phoenix Contact SAC-8P-10,0-PUR/M12FR SH, Art.Nr.: 1522943
Sensor/Actor M12 socket for field termination
- Phoenix Contact SACC-M12FS-8CON-PG9-M, Art.Nr.:1513347
- TE Connectivity T4110011081-000 (metal housing)
- TE Connectivity T4110001081-000 (plastic housing)
The rc_visard is classified as an EN-55011 Class B device and immune to light industrial and industrial environments. For connecting the sensor to residential grid power, a power supply under EN 55011/55022 Class B has to be used.
It is the customer’s responsibility to obtain and install a suitable power supply satisfying EN 61000-6-2 for permanent installation in industrial environments. One example that satisfies both EN 61000-6-2 and EN 55011/55022 Class B is the DIN-Rail mounted PULS MiniLine ML60.241 24V/DC 2.5 A by PULS GmbH (http://www.pulspower.com). A certified electrician must perform installation.
Only one rc_visard shall be connected to a power supply at any time, and the total length of cables must be less than 30 m.
No user-serviceable spare parts are currently available for rc_visard devices.